Thursday, May 8, 2014

Healthy Girl pt2 (Healthy Eats)

(Have you read Healthy girl pt1? If not click here!)

If you follow this blog or have read at least one other post, you can probably tell two things about me right away. I am a list maker and I love to share things I love.

To keep this post from falling short, I present you with a list of healthy foods I love!  


1. Dasani Sparkling Apple water. Yes Yes YES!!!! I absolutely LOVE this water. With Zero carbs and a ton of flavor this is, with no doubt, my go to drink. 

2. Tumaros- Low in Carb Multigrain Wraps. I love pairing these wraps up with my meat of choice, a ton of veggies and some kind of dressing to make a restaurant worthy wrap. Coming in at 4 carbs per wrap, these are a must have in my pantry!

3. Cheese. On the packages of most cheeses we buy the carb count reads, 1<. 
A good source of calcium and protein makes cheese the perfect snack with a bit of fruit. 

4. Veggies (Leafy greens). You can't go wrong with the leafy greens. Salad, cabbage, greens and even brussel sprouts will keep you on the low side of carbs.

Sorry vegetarians, #5 goes to MEAT!!! It's important that I get in plenty of protein. Grill it, bake it, Crock Pot it, whatever. Just make sure you bring the meat!!!

6. Peanuts. Not the lowest in carbs, but it's a good source of protein and fiber. 

7. Quest Bars. High in protein, low in carbs, easy to take on the go, plus ...they're yummy!
Chocolate Chunk Cookie Dough
Cinnamon Roll
White Chocolate Raspberry
...just to name a few   
There are many more flavors at GNC, if you're interested.

8. Gold Standard Whey Protein. I drink these only after running or lifting weights. There are many debates on the pros and cons of drinking protein shakes.
I say, If it's not for you, don't drink them, but if you're like me and the pros outweigh the cons I suggest finding flavors you like. This brand has Chocolate, Strawberry and my favorite Cookies and Cream. 

9. Skim Milk. Milk is another one of those things that are debated, upon in the fitness world. I only use skim milk to mix my protein shakes because I don't want my body to absorb the fat from 2% or whole milk during my post workout routine. (I'll explain all of that in a future post.)

10. Fiber. Not my favorite to eat because of flavor but to keep my body in check. With all the protein I take in, things begin to slow down. 
It's not only uncomfortable but unhealthy too. 
Unflavored fiber is definitely the way to go. 

...and saving the best for last #11 Twizzlers. Fat free candy is my "BFF" when it comes to candy, for my post workout. I need that sugar to spike my insulin right before I drink my protein shake. Talk about a "sweet" treat at the end of a workout!!!
Don't like Twizzlers? Try
Gummy Bears
Gummy Works 
or even
Jelly beans!

Do you have a go to food or drink that makes your fit journey a little more bearable? Do tell!!! I would love to try it!



~Note, I am not a nutritionist or personal trainer nor was I paid to endorse any of the products I just mentioned in this post. I am simply a mommy on a personal journey to become a "Healthy Girl". 

No comments:

Post a Comment